Friday, July 9, 2010

Two and a Half Months

I knew someone once for two and a half months. I know it does not seem like a long time to know someone. But I think it is funny how sometimes we can go our whole lives knowing someone and not really KNOW them. And for others, in two and a half months, we can get to know someone more deeply than those we have known our whole lives.

This person taught me a lot…
• To always look people in the eye…no matter what…don’t look away…it shows them that you are confident (even when inside you may really not be).
• To always keep my guard up…and to look at all the angles. Things may not always seem the way we think they are and we need to keep protected by looking at all the angles.
• That when someone says something negative, to always remember that it is just what one person is saying…and that it doesn’t mean it is true.
• That when you have an opponent in any form, to find the humor in the situation…it will keep you more focused than if you were stressed and upset.
• That in Kenpo, the defense is not the move itself but the 100’s of variations on the move. You have to use one defense in a different way depending on the need.
• That I am capable 100%
* You have to give trust to get trust.

This person said that trust is like falling with nothing to grip onto. And this person is right. Trust is scary.
This person said not to let time get in the way.
This person cared enough to really listen to me when no one else did.
This person noticed the small stuff that carried big meaning.
This person made me smile when I thought I never would again.



No comments:

Post a Comment