Friday, July 30, 2010

Pain CAN Be a Good Thing....A Catalyst for Change

Sometimes the wounds have cut so deeply, that we are blinded. All we can see or feel is the pain and suffering. Being hurt badly leaves us with wounds that at times feel like they can never be healed. Being hurt sometimes makes us want to build walls and close off the rest of the world.

Being hurt has the power to keep us in the past.

I have allowed myself to be stuck in the past for a long, long time. And WOW, what a waste of time. And now that I realize it...I wonder what I have missed....who I have missed.

By focusing my attention on the things in my past, I did not pay attention to the present.

Every day is a gift....that is why it is called the present. Staying in the here and now, we can see the treasures of today. I am sure I missed something important in the last 30 or so years. Probably many important things. But the way I see it, is that whatever those things were, the messages that I was meant to receive through events or people...those messages will come around again...I just didn't get them before.

So what I am trying to get at is that if we stay in the present...even when we are in pain. If we look for the message in that pain. We can use it. Pain does not have to be all bad. Mistakes we make, things people do that hurt us...the pain from those have power...they have the power to act as a catalyst for positive change.

So we can stay in the past and stay hurting...and go nowhere. Or we can look for the message. And if we find it, we can transform that message into motion....and then the pain has become a catalyst for positive change.

The power for this lies within us. It is not something someone gives to us. We have to open our eyes and see it. So, lets keep our eyes open, and stay in the present and look for the treasures of today....don't miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment