Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Puzzle

I have been working a puzzle for a few months...most of the summer, actually. I've had this puzzle my whole life. It is the puzzle of me. I carried it around in a box for a long, long time and never worked it because I did not know what the picture was...so I didn't think it was a very interesting puzzle to work.

Then one day, I went ahead and opened the box and dumped out the pieces. And just like any other puzzle, when you dump it out, some of the pieces land right side up and some land right side down. So, I sat and looked at all those puzzle pieces and felt a bit overwhelmed by all of them.

On some of them, I could see bits and pieces of pictures that seemed to fit and so I picked them up and began to put a few of the pieces together. And when I had a few pieces together, I recognized it as a part of me...

And then I would see a few more pieces and do the same with them...and again, I recognized another part of me.

Before I knew it, I had nearly half of the puzzle done....but most of the other half of the pieces were still upside down and I was not really interested in them at the moment because what I had seen so far was satisfying enough and I walked away from the puzzle.

But after time, only knowing what bits and pieces of the puzzle are gets to be a bit empty feeling....

So, I went back to work on that puzzle a little bit more...and I figured out a few more parts of the puzzle.

A picture was starting to develop...but I was and still am not quite sure what it is.

But what I do know is that I have all the pieces. None of them are missing...

What I need to do is turn over the ones I cannot see. And when I can see them all, then i will be able to complete the puzzle by putting all the bits and pieces I have figured out so far together into one whole.

And when that happens...I am pretty sure that I will like what I see because so far what I have figured out is looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment