Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Roses...


“It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees.” ~ George Eliot
 
If a rose is like a compliment, a "little thing", a thing to bring us happiness, beautify our life, it will never rain roses. Life is not simple, those things do not come easily.

Someone told me that maybe I need to give myself "the little things". I tend to think that in giving others roses/"little things", I am giving myself "little things" at the same time. I just work that way.

But there are also days that I would like to be handed a rose that I did not grow. And I think that what this quote means is that we cannot expect to get those roses/"little things" easily... we have to work for them by planting trees...giving to others, living by example. And if people are paying attention, care enough to take the time and show you they have noticed, a tree will grow and they will have many roses to share. They can give a rose to you and to many others, too. Maybe one day, we could all have more roses.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment