Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's Nice to be Missed

“It is nice to be missed.”  Someone used to say that to me when I would tell them I missed them…  Telling someone you were missed lets them know so many things.  It tells them that they are important to you, their place in your life holds meaning and that during time apart, there were moments when that vacancy was felt.  The feeling we get when we miss someone is inside of us.  It is only us who know it is there.  It is not until we verbalize those feelings to the other person, the one whom we are missing, that we have unleashed the positive energy from the feeling of missing someone.  If we never tell them they were missed, how do they know they are important?  A person’s importance and value to us should never be left to assumptions in my opinion.  I myself am so full of doubts, I tend to think if I don’t hear it said, see it in writing, then I am inconsequential…that, I know has a lot to do with my past…  My friend is right…it is nice to be missed.  I think the ones who know they are missed are lucky to know it—it gives them value and people need to feel a little bit valued from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment